Updated: Nov 16, 2020
Hello, my name is Migdalia Dominguez, REALTOR® in Florida and today I bring you some ideas to increase the value of your home and make it more attractive to buyers.
If you have in mind to sell your house soon or if you are already in the process, I will share with you a series of tips that are effective to make your house attractive to the client and increase the possibility of selling it in a short time. By the way, you will be preparing your home for the appraiser's visit. With these recommendations and a small investment of money, you can make the necessary improvements before the visit of the appraiser, who will determine the value of your property. Some of the tasks are simple and you can do them yourself.
The process of conditioning the residence to be attractive to the buyer could take time and will depend on the condition of the property and the repairs that need to be made. It is advisable that you start the project once you decide the date when you will announce the house for sale. Prepare a budget, you do not want to invest more money than what can be recovered in the sale price. You will need to get estimates, compare prices, and evaluate the alternatives that fit your budget.
1. The first impression is a very valuable factor in motivating potential buyers. That first, and I add a very good impression, is what we must capture. The exterior of the property is the first thing that a prospective buyer will see. This consists of not only the house itself, but the sidewalks, ditch, drain, entrance to the canopy, exterior paint, roof, patio around the residence, gates, and the landscaping, including the main entrance door to the residence. We have to ensure that the buyer enters the home motivated and with a positive attitude, they might find everything they're looking for beyond the front door.
2. Complete an inspection of the exterior of the residence. Take a notebook and a pen with you so you can make notes on those areas that deserve attention; look at every detail and look with the buyer's eyes. As I stated earlier, the exterior of the property is the first thing that comes to the customer's eye, and we want to create the best possible impression.
3. Keep the yard well pruned, feed the grass so that it shows its best greenery, collect debris from the yard, and remove anything that is not useful. We want to see a beautiful patio in all its glory, well cared for and clean.
4. Nothing better than a pressurized water machine to leave the walls, bricks, canopy, ditches, cement, in short, the entire exterior of the residence free of dirt and mold. Don't forget to treat damp areas, heal cracks, and correct pipes and drains. Inspect the roof and correct loose tiles.
5. Check the operation of the air conditioner and the electric gate. Don't risk these important details detracting the value of your home.
6. A fresh coat of paint will do your home good; cool, light colors are preferred as they create spaciousness and a clean feeling that attracts many buyers. If it is necessary to paint the whole house, you can take advantage of it and give it a modern touch. Paint the entrance door to the residence with a striking color, it is very fashionable. We want a flawless front door. Placing lights outside as lanterns always add elegance to any home.
7. Make sure the garden is well pruned and that your plants look healthy. If you don't have flowers in the garden, it is advisable to go to a nursery and buy some brightly colored and cheerful plants to place near the entrance to the house, these will welcome their future owners.
8. Outdoor spaces where they can read, share with friends and family, or simply relax, are extremely attractive to buyers. Add a small garden, with a water feature, chairs, or patio furniture shaded by a tree, a tent, or a patio umbrella. Who does not want to have a coffee, lemonade, or wine while observing nature and breathing fresh air? There are many places that sell these accessories second hand and in very good condition. It would not be a costly investment and I am sure that it will captivate the attention of buyers.
These are some ideas, pay attention to my next articles where I will talk about how to prepare the interior of the residence and other information that you should have available for potential buyers. If you have questions, you can call me at (352) 682-4217 or send me a text message. See you soon.