Updated: Nov 16, 2020
Hello, my name is Migdalia Dominguez, REALTOR® in Florida. In our previous article, I mentioned the importance of “the first impression”. The one we must keep impeccable at all times. Today we continue to bring more ideas on how to increase the value of your home and make it more attractive to buyers.
LET'S DO IT:
1. Paint the entire interior of the house with neutral and light colors; these will give the feeling of spaciousness and cleanliness that will make your house look more attractive to the buyer. Keep the windows of the house open to let in light from outside. Studies have shown that natural light produces happiness and reduce stress. You can also place a diffuser with scents of lavender or patchouli; it will add a fresh and relaxing environment that will please the visitor.
2. The concept of open spaces is the new trend (it is very fashionable). If you have a dividing wall between the living room, dining room, and / or kitchen that can be removed without much expense, you may need to consider it. By eliminating it, you will create a feeling of greater space in the home that multiplies when you paint the walls and decorate with light colors. This attracts many buyers.
3. Order and cleanliness should prevail throughout the home. Let's reorganize the furniture in the living room and dining room, put everything that overloads the spaces in a warehouse; in many cases, less is better. The use of mirrors also creates a visual effect of spaciousness. Some cushions and a small area rug can add elegance to your living room.
4. Replace the household bulbs with white lights. Good lighting will make the interior of the property look more spacious and clear. Place lights in dark areas like hallways, locker rooms, laundry room, and carport.
5. Repair any moisture problems on the ceiling and walls; fix the doors and their locks, windows, and glass. Polish or shine the floor, replace any tile, piece of wood, or vinyl that is damaged. If the residence has a carpet, you should do a good cleaning, eliminating any smell of humidity, stains, or dirt.
6. Pay attention to details; do not forget that you must look with the eyes of a buyer. Corrects all those defects that are at first sight; those that can weaken the value of your property. Our goal is to give a new look and make the property look more attractive to the buyer.
7. This is one of the areas most appreciated by the buyer and carries a lot of weight when deciding to buy. The kitchen must be clean and orderly, including the pantry; cabinets and appliances must be in good repair. It is possible that with a good cleaning we achieve the desired impression. If not, we may need to invest additional money. These expenses may seem unnecessary to you. However, a kitchen remodeling will add value to your property and can offer you a good return on investment.
In the next article, I will discuss how to prepare the bathroom and bedroom area for a showing.
See you soon...