Hello, my name is Migdalia Dominguez, REALTOR® in Florida. We continue with the topic Ideas to increase the value of your home and make it more attractive for selling. The dream of many buyers is to find that house that has everything they are looking for or that at least requires a minimum of repairs. In this article I will discuss preparing the bathrooms for a prospective buyer's visit.
LET'S DO IT:
1. Like the kitchen, the bathroom is one of the most important spaces in our home and carries a lot of weight for the potential buyer when making a decision. These reveal the age of the property.
2. To create a feeling of spaciousness and cleanliness you should:
a) paint the walls with light neutral colors;
b) if your budget allows it, you can paint or change the tiles for white or in very light and bright tones;
c) placing several points of light on the walls and ceiling using spotlights or lamps with white bulbs (led light) will provide you with excellent lighting;
d) install a large mirror above the dresser;
e) remove excess furniture, pictures or decorations. If you have a closet in the bathroom, you must keep it tidy, the prospective buyer will most likely want to open it to see the available space.
3. It is important to check the pipes, correct any water leaks, and remove all traces of mold. Floor and wall tiles must appear impeccably clean and in good condition.
4. Bathroom accessories are considered decorative elements and create additional elegance to the bathroom. Check the faucets, shower, bathtub, toilet, lamps, pulls, and towel rails. They may be moldy, worn, or broken and need to be replaced. If so, you can take advantage and buy some that look more modern; you may find them at reasonable prices and are easy to install.
5. Bathroom decoration is an important factor that can have a positive effect. Let's put our best decorative towels, lavender scented candles, a small natural plant. You can find on YouTube many tips on how to remodel your bathroom and how to decorate it.
In the next article I will discuss how to prepare the bedrooms and other tips that will be very useful.
See you soon...